What is a Ballet Barre Workout?
- Uses mixed elements of Ballet exercises, Pilates, Yoga and functional training
- The moves are choreographed to music
- You will use the Ballet barre (a prop to hold on to while doing the exercises to stabilise you during each movement)
- Your own body weight is used for resistance. The focus is on the back, abdominals, legs and gluteals (seat) muscles
- Classical dance moves such as Plies and static stretches are used and the focus is on high number of repetition and small ranging movement.
What are the benefits?
- Full body workout
- Long lean muscles
- Good for core strength, improved posture and toned gluteal muscles and legs
- Low impact exercises
- Good for cross training - this is a good option to pair with other exercise such as running, weight lifting, or cycling for example, as it stretches the muscles needed for these activities.